Thursday, October 12, 2017

Friday the 13th - Tarot Spread to Break Illusions

 Happy Friday the 13th!

Do you roll into Friday the 13th with a feeling of uncertainty, dread, fear of the unknown, a sense that something bad is about to happen?  Are you superstitious?  I hope so, there's magic there.

Invoke the power of this 3-card spread to break down illusions, acknowledge dreams and cast a spell of self-protection.

3 Cards symbolize a union of our mind, body and spirit, 3 cards symbolize the Law of Threefold Return - what you put out into the world will come back to you 3-fold, so make it something so good, and so divine.

For Friday the 13th I'm using the Thoth Deck by Aleister Crowley and Lady Frida Harris.

Your 1st card is your Broken Mirror Card.  This is the card that shows us the Illusions we harbor about ourselves, about how others perceive us.  What is your mirror showing you?

"I find it hard to believe you don't know
the beauty that you are
But if you don't let me be your eyes
A hand in your darkness, so you won't be afraid"

Excerpt from "I'll Be Your Mirror" by Lou Reed

Your 2nd card is your Knock on Wood Card.  This is a card to show you your Hopes, Fears and Dreams.  Why is it the Knock on Wood Card?  Because we knock on wood to feel something that is Real, connect to Nature, and Make a Wish that things we truly Desire will come true.

Your 3rd card is your Throwing Salt Card!  This is your personal manifesto of Everything Good.  This is your Ultimate Card of Self-Preservation and Protection.  Cast it out there and wish for the sky.



Here's what my Friday the 13th Spread looks like:

The Queen of Swords:  Look, even her crown is a diadem of broken glass. My Queen rises above the puffy clouds, having just severed a head with her sharp sword.  Still, she looks chill.  What does she show me?  The illusory nature of the mind!  She is lifted serenely up to the heavens - she understands that the intellect is only as good as the soul/spirit/divinity that drives it.  She is the champion of higher consciousness.  She tells me to not wallow in trivial matters of the mind, but Elevate My Consciousness.

The 5 of Wands - Strife:  I fear conflict.  But sometimes it takes a certain amount of Strife to make a necessary change.  Sometimes we need the fiery impetus of the 5 of Wands to kick our ass so we can make some moves, shake it up.  Fire is transformational, and these 5 Wands of Fire are telling me whatever Challenge is coming at me right now - I have the ability to come through it - maybe not Unharmed, but retaining what is Essential to feed my Spirit!

The 10 of Cups - Satiety:  I will throw the salt over my shoulder and not just Hope for the Best, but Count on It!  This tells me to put all this good intention out there and Expect it to all come back to me.

Happy Friday the 13th, may a sweet black cat cross your path, may you find a 4-leaf clover, and make some wishes, beautiful people.



No comments:

Post a Comment