Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Self-Navigation Tarot Spread



Sometimes we need to do reconnaissance on our true course.  A self-navigatory tarot spread can help us connect with what is truly driving us, and we can choose to stay the course or map a path to change.

If you are using a traditional 78-card tarot deck, you can use this spread to clarify your own forward motion.

Separate your deck into 3 piles: Major Arcana, Minor Arcana and Court Cards

These 3 piles will be used.

I like to shuffle each, and then cut each deck 3 times.  My purpose in divining is to see more clearly a higher goal for myself, and that the light within is my true guide.

Your Major Arcana pile will divine your fate.  For our purposes, the word "fate" is used to describe a force over which you have little control - powers, energies, and influences which are at work.

Your Minor Arcana pile shows you the area of your life being affected now.  Is this a reflection of something in your relationship, how you deal with colleagues, your health, your family, your soul work?  Can you trust in your current path and let that trust give way to a feeling of peace, or is this a time of dramatic change?

Your Court Cards pile is your take-away.  What advice can you glean from this card to take back control from the forces at work?  Are you in a position of dominion or passivity?  Let the card be your mirror and trust the reflection you see.

Use this spread to navigate the murky moments of your life - let the images ignite your intuition - that is a reflection of our higher self.  Trust it.




Fate Card - The Emperor, card 4 of the Major Arcana, ruled by Aries, the God of War.  This card is telling me that now is the time to invest in myself, my authority over my decisions.  This card speaks to personal empowerment and asserting myself - right now.  The Emperor doesn't hesitate or waste time in self-doubt.  The Emperor is blessed with ultimate self-trust.  The number 4 is grounding, 4 elements, 4 seasons, balance and wholeness describe the qualities of this number.

Area of Influence - The 4 of Cups, this card suggests that emotional balance is needed in my life.  Maybe this is an area I haven't paid enough attention to, maybe taken for granted.  The 4 of cups suggests loneliness, boredom, and passivity most of all.  This card is a warning to not neglect the relationships that feed our spirit.

Take-Away Card - The Queen of Cups.  She is also determined, assertive, and empowered, but unlike the Emperor, is all heart.  This Queen is full of warmth, and nurturing love.  She is my mirror.  She has the emotional strength and fortitude to balance the masculine force of our Emperor.  Together with The Emperor she advises a balanced approach to my tendency to become absorbed in material concerns.

I will take all of this information with me into my heart, and guide myself toward a more balanced October!

No comments:

Post a Comment